Earlier this week, Sarah and Kaitlyn over at The Duck and The Owl shared what they carry with them every day in their bags. I decided that would be fun to do today, so I have emptied my bag on to my floor and taken a photograph. I like tags like this one, as they allow me to publish a fun, silly, no-pressure post in just a few minutes!
1) The bag: This is a Mossimo messenger bag from Target. I used to have it in a slightly different style, but it fell apart after years of use. I happened to hit this one by chance one day and it is once again my staple.
2) The wallet: This is the first of my two wallets. I carry very little in there, mostly photographs of family and gift cards. I used to keep it in my car, but then I never had it with me when I ended up at a restaurant where I could have avoided paying with real money.
3) The wristlet: This is my second wallet, which carries the things I actually need like my ID and various rewards cards, most of which are food related. It’s a Vera Bradley wristlet in the Portobello pattern.
4) The junk: I always have some sort of hand sanitizer, a chapstick (I swear by Nivea), and face cleansers.
5) The professional: I wish I could say I pull these out more, though at least I carry them. It’s my Kate Spade Let’s Do Lunch business card holder and a few cards. My wonderful college roommate Kara, ever the practical one out of the four of us, got each of the roommates this card holder as a graduation gift. I love it.
6) The phone: I always have my iPhone 4 and Kate Spade case with me. I’m hoping to upgrade to the 5s this weekend, but as always, finances are tight and I’m not sure if I’m ready to make the leap.
7) The pens: I am obsessed with the Papermate Flair felt tip pens. I’ve also got a mechanical pencil and a couple City Year ballpoint pens. Practical
8) The planner: I am still a pen and paper gal, so I always have my Erin Condren life planner with me. It’s where I keep track of my appointments, work hours, and social events. I’m trying to be more digital and including these things in my phone, but there’s something nice about being able to flip from page to page to see what’s going on.
9) The Kindle: I love books, I promise you, but I am also a proud Kindle reader. I recently broke my old one (so embarrassing) and had to order a new one, but I was able to get a refurbished one cheap! I’ve got about 20 books on there now, as I just finished the Percy Jackson series. I’m now re-reading Divergent in preparation for Allegiant.
And there you have it, folks! The stuff I carry with me all the time.